The Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti &
The United States-Mexico-Chamber of Commerce, California Regional Chapter
in partnership with
The United States Department of Commerce, U.S. Commercial Service, California Manufacturing Technology Consulting, Parque Industrial PIMSA and Aerospace Alliance of Baja California
cordially invite you to our:
TRADE TOUR OF THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY IN MEXICALI
May 21-23, 2017
Baja California has become Mexico’s most important state for aerospace after four decades of development and investment. Today, Baja California drives the country’s aerospace output with over 80 companies and exports of around $1.8 billion. These companies, however, require inputs and 95% of all supplies are still imported into Baja. This represents a strong sales opportunity for the aerospace industry in Southern California.
Trade Mission Objective:
Further connect the Southern California Aerospace Industry to Mexico in order to promote exports and foster manufacturing opportunities beneficial to both countries.
Who Should Attend:
- Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing Companies
- U.S. suppliers
Date: May 21-23, 2017
- El Centro, United States
- Mexicali, Mexico
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017
Agenda and Visits
Sunday May 21, 2017 (6:00 p.m.)
- Cocktail Reception with Imperial Valley Economic Development Corporation
Monday May 22, 2017
- Meeting at CETYS University and Seminar
- Meeting with Tomas Sibaja, President of Cluster of Baja California A.C.
- Meeting Victor Hidalgo, President of Mexicali Aerospace Cluster
- Supplier-Buyer meetings (individualized and tailored meetings to match your needs)
- Honeywell site visit.
- Cocktail reception with Mayor Gustavo Sanchez and Carlo Bonfante, Secretary of Economic Development of Baja California.
Tuesday May 23, 2017
- Visit United Technologies UTC
- GKN Aerospace site visit
- Departure back to El Centro and end of the Trade Tour
Cost per person:
- $ 745.00 usd & Transportation from El Centro-Mexicali (single occupancy)
- $ 645.00 (double occupancy in a shared room)
This cost includes:
- Hotels- 2 nights (First night El Centro, CA, Second night Mexicali, Mexico)
- Transportation from El Centro to Mexicali, transportation inside Mexicali, and return to
- El Centro on Tuesday May 23.
- Breakfasts, meetings and conferences
This cost does not include:
- Transportation between Los Angeles and El Centro
- Medical Insurance
Participants need to bring:
- Business Cards
- Comfortable and closed toe shoes (for site visits).