The goal of the program is to help small and medium-sized businesses increase their sales through international trade by matching them with the manufacturers that are looking to source services, components, raw materials, and other commodities regionally.
Below is a list of commodities currently needed by these manufacturers. (Use the tabs at the bottom of the table to navigate between companies.)
To participate in the Border Export Program, you must:
- Meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Comply with SBA Size Standards (Check the size standard for your industry here.)
- Been in business for no less than 1 year on the date on which assistance is provided under a STEP grant.
- Operating profitably based on U.S. operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign
- purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping.
- Have in effect a strategic plan for exporting (The San Diego CITD can assist you with this).
- Complete an Export Readiness Assessment.
- Register with CalSTEP at www.citd.org/.
Once you complete your registration with CalSTEP, a San Diego CITD International Trade Specialist will contact you for further details. If you have any questions about the program call (619) 482-6393 or email email@example.com.
Border Export Program Related Events
There are no upcoming events.