San Diego, CA–Special agents with Homeland Security Investigations is seeking the public’s assistance to identify potential victims of a former preschool teacher convicted of child exploitation.
Paul Torres Jimenez De La Cuesta, 29, of Imperial Beach, California, pleaded guilty April 5 to distribution of images of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
In June 2020, Homeland Security Investigations Oceanside agents discovered Torres was trading child sex abuse materials through online chat groups. On June 11, 2020, special agents arrested Torres at his place of employment in Poway, California, after a federally executed search warrant of his electronic devices revealed the presence of child exploitation materials.
At the time of his arrest, Torres was employed as a preschool teacher at the My Room to Grow Preschool in Poway. Investigators revealed that Torres had been previously employed either full-time or as a substitute teacher at the following San Diego schools:
- St. David’s Episcopal Church & Preschool, 5050 Milton Street
- Seaside Preschool’s Beachside Campus, 1201 Turquoise Street
- Little Sprouts Preschool – Mission Valley Campus, 403 Camino del Rio South
- NHA University of Early Learning Bethel Campus – Day Care Center, 3085 K Street (Neighborhood House Association)
- NHA Johnson Early Learning Academy – Day Care Center, 5760 Luber Street (Neighborhood House Association)
- NHA Karen D Love Head Start – Day Care Center, 2060 Drescher Street – 6749 TAIT (Neighborhood House Association)
- NHA Stem Institute for Early Learning – Day Care Center, 808 W Cedar Street (Neighborhood House Association)
- YMCA of San Diego County, 3708 Ruffin Road
- San Diego Cooperative Preschool, 4190 Front Street
Torres was also employed at these schools:
- Soroptimist International of the Americas – Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- Concordia Church & School – 1695 Discovery Falls Drive, Chula Vista, California
- My Room to Grow Preschool and Kindergarten, 13613 Cynthia Lane, Poway, California
Torres is scheduled for sentencing on June 28.
Anyone who may have had previous contact with Torres or thinks they may have information that may be relevant to the child exploitation investigation, is asked to call Homeland Security Investigations San Diego at (760) 901-1004.